How to Care Lace Wigs
Wigs Wash Instructions
Step 1 Wash Preparation
Before washing the hair, spray mixture of conditioner and water and brush the hair from bottom up. You must gradually wet the hair down
and brush it gently before you completely wash the hair. If the hair is very dry and a lot of water is added at once, hair will swell up like
sponge and tangle! Therefore, it is important to gradually wet the hair and brush it.
Step 2 Applying shampoo
Rinse wig in cold water. This is very important, because you do not want heat from the water to cause the cap construction to break down or
cause the hair to detach from the cap. Apply the shampoo to the wig. Focus on the forehead area of the wig, which may be heavily soiled.
Treat the wig delicately, as you would a delicate garment. Avoid using heavy friction.
Step 3 Rinsing the shampoo
Rinse the shampoo from the wig. Always rinse the shampoo off with water flowing in the same direction of the hair, from roots to the ends.
Step 4 Towel dry the wig
After rinsing, human hair wigs should be placed on a flat towel to have the excess water dabbed away.
DO NOT brush or comb the wig while it is still wet. Due to the water absorbency, the hair shaft expands and the root knot loosens
causing the hair to shed dramatically.
Step 5 Dry on wig stand
Put on wig stand and let it air dry.
DO NOT try to speed up the drying process by blow drying, placing under the sunlight, in a clothes dryer, microwave,
or any direct heat. This will cause the wig cap to loose integrity and shed small to large amounts of hair.
How do I store my wig?
Keep your wig on a wire wig stand when you are not wearing it. This will air out your wig nicely and not stretch out the cap. It's also a great tool on which to air dry your wig after it's been washed. Only keep the wig on a Styrofoam head or head block long enough to style it. You can place your wig on a mannequin head (Just don't pull the wig all the way down on the head). After you finish styling, just lift up the wig so that it's gently resting on the head.
How to groom and maintain?
Wig is the same as the natural hair like ours; it will be befouled and dirtied after long time wearing. With improper maintenance, even high quality unit you wear will be terrible-looking. So good grooming and maintenance are very important for prolong the hair life. It should be cleaned every one or two days for best.
Keep the hair clean. We suggest that you wash the hair at least once a week in cool to lukewarm water with a mild shampoo and conditioner. (Using conditioner is highly recommended to reduce tangling.). Please wash the hair immediately after swimming, spa, exercise, and etc. When dirt and sweat accumulate, hair is easy to tangle.
Grooming is best carried out using either a vent brush or a wide tooth comb, with the latter preferable for longer hair. These styling tools are gentle on the hair causing less pressure on the hair knots, reducing shedding. W hen encountering tangling, detangle hair gently, avoiding abrasive brushing.
Correct product usage will prolong the hairs life with color protection products and regular deep conditioning essential. Most importantly, low chemical, color protection shampoos should be used to keep color leakage and dryness to a minimum. The detergent chemicals held by many shampoos will further damage hair that is already very porous.
The application of a natural oil treatment is recommended with a suitable anti-oxidant and UV protector to protect the hair from long-term damage. This will help prevent dryness and maintain a healthy appearance. Comb hair out from ends to scalp nightly and section in 2 to 4 braids for wavy & curly units. For straight units, wrap around your head or place in bun. For all textures of hair, a bonnet or silk/satin scarf should be worn. If you have problems with head coverings staying on your head at night, an alternative of would be sleeping on a silk or satin pillow case.
How to wash the Lace Wigs?
1. Using either a vent brush or a wide tooth comb gently to make hair silky and smooth before washing.
2. Don't put shampoo to hair directly, because the hair roots will be damaged by alkaline substance in shampoo. If the shampoo lack of spume, the hair may need more water to wet, soak more water instead of adding shampoo is preferable.
3. Apply shampoo for twice, oil dirt and the residue of the chemical hair product for doing hair styling will be purged at the first time. Apply shampoo once again will make hair softer and smooth.
4. Do not change your shampoo frequently, unless the hair type altered.
5. Use warm water for washing. Shampoo will be more effective in warm water. Hot water will wither and damage the hair; however, shampoo can't be rinsed clean thoroughly in cold water.
6. Rinse again by cold water after cleaning, it makes your hair full of gloss.
7. Make sure for the proper conditioner you used. Protein complexes conditioners will strengthen and enhance your hair. Moisturize and hydrating conditioners make your hair more silky and glossy.
8. Apply conditioner after folding towel over hair and press excess water out lightly, so that the conditioner can be absorbed effectively.
9. Do not daub conditioner at the hair roots, but the middle part and tips.
10. With conditioner put on, brush gently by your fingers through hair from top to bottom, to make the conditioner uniformly distributed.
11. Adding few drops Olive-oil into your conditioner to make hair get intensive treatment.
12. Daub the pre-mixed conditioner into hair smoothly; hair conditioner will be deeply penetrated by taking good advantage of the steam bath.
13. Don't comb hair when wet to avoid shedding.
14. Straighten hair when the hair 80% dried off by hair drier, towel, etc., and then let it air dry. If the hair texture is curly or wavy, style it when wet. It's much better for fixing the bang, hair style or baby hair.
15. When the hair nearly dry, turn down the hot shift key in hair drier to minimize the damage to hair. Good hair drier should have two heat shift keys and a cold blast button.
16. Do not twist hair around comb to avoid tangle, comb hair from top to bottom lightly, when comb to the hair tip, keep hair brush stay up inward around 30 seconds till the hair become cooling, to fix the hair style lasting more longer.
17. Add a nozzle to hair drier for blowing; centralizing the thermal current and keep airflow go straight along hair direction.
18. Don't keep hair drier blows at a fixed place for long time or the hair will be scorched. Keep the nozzle not less than 3 inches away from hair.
19. Daub some hair care products which infuse with a mirror shine and a soft cashmere touch to make hair glossy.
How shall I prevent my lace wig from tangling?
You may choose a satin pillowcase for night sleep in order to avoid friction. Cotton pillowcases with fibers rub against your hair, oppositely, satin pillowcases let the hair slip freely.
Also for cheaper cost, you can place a satin petticoat or nightie over your cotton pillows. However, the effects will be also obviously different. Do not wear any barrettes or clips on your hair overnight as these accessories will be difficult to remove after one night.
Also during washing hair, tangles may be also created due to scrubbing the hair. Before showering, you need to detangle the hair and apply Silicon Mix Revitalizing Shampoo on your scalp. If you rinse the Silicon Mix Revitalizing Shampoo onto the hair enough, there is no need to scrub the hair, and by this, the hair will be cleaned well.
Later, you shall comb through your hair with a wide-toothed comb and make the conditioner rinse onto your hair. By this way, you do not need to take detangling on wet hair. Let the hair dry naturally instead of rubbing it by a towel.
Keep Your Hair Tied Up: Loose hair easily get tangled and damaged due to rubbing with your clothes and being caught by straps of handbags. The most proper to protect hair from tangling is to make braids. You may practice braiding your hair during the night. When you have been already with the skill for braids, you can wear braids in various types during the day.
Meanwhile, buns are also way for protection of hair from tangles. By this method, we can keep short hair out of harmfulness.
Removing Knots From Hair: Bobble-tipped brushes might cause damage to your hair and can not remove any knots as you suppose. You shall use your fingers or a wide-toothed comb to detangle the hair starting from the bottom several inches to up towards. You can begin with the bottom of a knot and remove it out, instead of pulling it widely.
After detangling, you shall take a boar bristle brush for polishing and protecting your hair from damage.
How can I de-tangle my unit?
Even the best units on earth like ours, can become tangled if they are not given the proper care. If your unit gets old or becomes tangled or puffy, you can make it look like new again with a bleach bath.
The bleach acts as a clarifier and the ammonia acts as a softener to bring your unit’s hair back to life. Use the chemicals on the hair, not on the lace cap and follow the directions exactly. This treatment can be done as often as needed at your discretion.
Totally de-tangle the unit first. Just dip in the hair, not the lace cap:
1. Mix one gallon of very hot water (hottest available from the tap) with 1/4 cup of Clorox bleach.
(Do not use old Clorox or a generic brand, it will not work.)
2. Totally submerge the human hair into the water for approximately 2 or 3 minutes.
(Do not leave longer than 3 minutes) Comb or brush very gently when submerged.
3. Remove hair and submerge in a basin of lukewarm water that has been pre-mixed with shampoo.
Gently lift in and out for about 3 minutes and also brush or comb the hair very gently when submerged.
Remove and blot dry.
4. Mix 1/4 cup of ammonia to 3 cups of warm water. Dip hair in and out twice.
5. Repeat Step 3
6. Apply conditioner, rinse and style.
Your wig will look brand new and be tangle free.
All comments above are merely suggestions and you assume all responsibility for yourself and your unit. We do not endorse or manufacture these products mentioned. Try at your own risk.
How can I avoid my hair from shedding?
Here are some tips helpful on prevention of shedding hair overfull.
It is all right for light shedding, but if the hair shedding on your full lace wig is more than our natural hair, this will be abnormal.
Be sure NOT TO apply any products including alcohol onto the hair of your full lace wig, such as some kinds of hair spray, because these improper products will lead to damage the hair and hair shedding will be found easily.
You may braid up the hair of your full lace wig or tie it in a ponytail before going to sleep so as to avoid any tangles. You'd better to use a scarf on your head or a hair bonnet when sleeping, which will reduce less breaking and shedding of the hair for your full lace wig.
Remember that chlorine and salt water may cause damage to the hair of full lace wig, so you need to wear a swim cap during swimming or wash the full lace wig after swimming to avoid chlorine and salt water left on the hair of your wig. After washing, use TD Knot Tape Tab Sealer to seal the knots onto the inside of your lace wig cap again in order to firm the knots on each hair tile for protection from shedding.
How do I seal my knots?
Sealing your wig’s knots will help decrease shedding.
The can of sealer you need is called "General Purpose Adhesive Spray". You can find it at any Fabric/Arts &Crafts/Office Supply Store in your area. A popular maker of this product is 3M.
You will need a wig head, sealer and your lace unit. Turn the unit inside out. Then place the cap inside out on wig head. Spray unit lightly with sealer standing 6 to 8 inches away.
Do not sppay sealer on hair.
You should not be able to see the spray on your unit. If you do, you've used too much. The last step is the unit must dry for 15 to 30minutes. If you remove it before then, it may shrink the cap.
You can seal your knots after each time you shampoo and condition your unit.
How do I deep condition my unit?
Following the bleach bath or anytime, you can saturate the wet unit with a good deep conditioner, place in a large plastic bag, microwave for 30 seconds and then put back in again for another 15 seconds and rinse to soften the hair.
My wig is curly. How can I manage it so it does not frizz?
To manage a curly unit or any unit for that matter: after you wash your lace wig apply a leave in-conditioning spray when the hair is damp and comb through the hair, let air dry or dry in front of a cool fan.